Here is a small project to replace the rudder of a small boat. Because the project is so small, it was the occasion to emphasize working on a type of wood that I find fantastic but is still hard to get in France: robinia pseudoacacia (locusts). This species has great potential, being naturally very durable, super rigid and strong, and very fast growing.
This project was also another occasion to use hand tools, including lots of hand planning for shaping, old school scrappers, rasps, etc. The finish was also interesting, as we used epoxy to cure the old plywood. Sea water action is impressively destructive for wood.